PME EXCELLENCE 2015
PME Líder – Distinguishing the best SMEs
The “PME Líder” label distinguishes the best SMEs based in Portugal.
The “PME Líder” companies are proposed by one of 10 banks operating
in Portugal and must obey the following criteria:
• Small or medium-sized companies;
• Rating issuing by a bank. Standardization is achieved by converting
these ratings into the highest levels of rating (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) of the
National Mutual Guarantee System;
• Growing turnover or growing EBITDA or positive net profit;
• The turnover should be of at least €1.000.000,00;
• The financial autonomy should be of at least 30%;
• Minimum of 8 employees.
After confirming the information sent by the Banks, IAPMEI issues the
“PME Líder” label which will be valid for one year.
With the issuing of this label, IAPMEI has managed to create a database
with the best SME’s in Portugal.
Advantages in becoming PME Líder
The main advantages in becoming “PME Líder” are:
• Increasing notoriety: These companies receive a certificate as one of the leading
SME’s in Portugal, and gain visibility, thus becoming more attractive to other actors
in the market, such as banks and suppliers;
• Better financing conditions: Special offer from financial partners, in particular
special terms for mutual guarantee and bank loans.